Northern Regional College has developed an international programme enabling staff, students and employers to participate in ways suitable to meet their needs.
- Mobility Projects – Enabling staff and students to undertake a study period, workplacement or training in another country.
- Partnership Projects – Enabling staff to engage with college(s) or HEI(s) for the exchange of ideas and sharing of best practice. Partnership projects also include staff and student mobility opportunities.
What it means for you:
Students have the opportunity to participate in a mobility period abroad undertaking a study period, work-placement in a business or study period at a higher education institute. Students may also participate in blended mobilities with other students working in partnership projects.
Staff have the opportunity to participate in a mobility period abroad work shadowing a lecturer in another country or participating in a study visit to share best practice, exchange experience and know-how, or innovate new ways of working. Staff may also provide consultancy or training courses to businesses and enterprises in another country.
Employers have the opportunity to participate in partnership projects providing groups of international staff and students the opportunity to work on ‘real world of work’ problems and develop solutions.
FE/HE policy development has the opportunity to develop VET policy in line with real time developments in the economy.
International students have the opportunity to study at a vibrant college providing courses that are relevant and responsive to the needs of a modern economy. International students may also participate in a work placement at a local enterprise linked with the College.
Northern Regional College has signed Inter-Institutional Agreements with universities and colleges in Europe, United States and South Africa to develop international partnerships enabling staff and students to undertake a range of placement opportunities.
- Centro de Formacion Profesional Daniel Castelao, Vigo, Spain
- IES La Sènia, Paiporta, Valencia, Spain
- INS Jaume Mimó, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
- Institut Superieur de Plasturgie d’Alencon (ISPA), Alençon Cedex, France
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Makina Erremintaren Institutua Institutuo De Maquina – Herramienta, Machine Tool Institute, San Sebastian, Spain
- Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest, Hungary
- UMEÅ University, UMEÅ, Sweden
- VIA University College, Risskov, Denmark
- Kansas State University, Kansas
- Johnson County Community College, Kansas
- Morehead University, Kentucky
- Northlink College, Cape Town
Increasingly colleges are recognising the benefits of sharing best practice and collaboration in the field of international development. Colleges NI is the sector representative body for the six regional colleges and through Colleges NI Northern Regional College has access to a number of European Networks Colleges and universities with the joint ambition of enriching the lives of staff and students through exposure to international opportunities. The European Network of networks is a growing and currently Northern Regional College has access to over 100 colleges and universities through the following International Networks.